Sometimes, women arrive at Optimism Place without basic necessities.
If you would like to make an in-kind donation, please see our Needs List below to find out more about what we are in need of. If you would like to donate something not listed on our Needs List, please call ahead to ensure that we have space and use for your donated items! Pre-arranged donations can be dropped off to our office at 270 Freeland Drive, Stratford, Ontario N4Z 1G8.
With your help we can provide women the small things that restore their dignity while they stay with us and begin to heal.
Please call ahead to schedule a donation drop-off time!
519-271-5310 ext. 122
Thank you for your generosity!
NEEDS LIST: updated July 5, 2019
For more information on donations of items please call Julie at: 519-271-5310 x 131 or
HIGH PRIORITY items highlighted in *PURPLE.
We accept very good condition or new items please.
- Non- perishable food items
- Children's lunch treats, drinking boxes, snackables etc.
- Cereal hot & cold
- Small fans
- Alarm clocks/clock radios
- Batteries; 9-volt, AA, AAA
- Telephone cards
- YMCA passes
- Journals, word search puzzles, Sudoku, puzzles, adult colouring books
- Food and clothing, restaurants, manicures/pedicures, massages, movies
CLOTHING NEEDS (All Sizes)
- Women's underwear (size small)
- Women's summer pyjamas (all sizes)
PAPER PRODUCTS AND CLEANING SUPPLIES
- Toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex
- Laundry detergent and cleaning products
- Mouthwash, Q-tips
- Women's shaving cream
- Hair brushes
- Lipstick, mascara, foundation, eye shadow, eye liners, blush, makeup brushes
- Facial cleansers, facial lotion, body lotions
- Cosmetic bag
- Baby wipes
- Diaper-rash cream