Supported Housing of Perth Program
Supported Housing of Perth Program (SHOPP) is a highly collaborative Housing First program serving the City of Stratford, Perth County, and St. Marys. The program provides housing assistance and wrap around support services to people who are experiencing homelessness from the following priority groups:
• Youth 16-24 years of age;
• Adults transitioning from provincial institutions;
• Families with dependent children who face multiple barriers to housing stability; and
• Individuals experiencing chronic homelessness (including those who self-identify as Indigenous).
If you have any further questions about referrals, please contact:
Housing Stability Policy & Program Coordinator/SHOPP Team Lead
City of Stratford
(519) 271-3773 Ext. 401
In coordination with the City of Stratford Social Services Department, SHOPP services are delivered in partnership with four agencies:
• Choices for Change
• John Howard Society of London & District
• Optimism Place Women’s Shelter and Support Services
• Stratford/Perth Shelterlink
If you have any questions/concerns or would like to get in touch with someone at SHOPP, please do not hesitate to contact us!
SHOPP Housing Stability Workers provide intensive case management support to individuals and families that are experiencing persistent homelessness to find and maintain permanent housing
The goal is to support individuals and families in achieving stability in their housing by assisting with the transition into a new home, neighbourhood and community.
The SHOPP Housing Liaison Worker supports social and private market housing providers interested in making apartments available to individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
By participating in this program, housing providers will be supported by the Housing Liaison Worker during weekdays and a dedicated after-hours telephone response for evenings, weekends and holidays.
Through a designated addiction counselling position, SHOPP offers free, practical and confidential counselling services to anyone participating in the program who has concerns about their own alcohol use and drug use.
Services offered include, but are not limited to:
• Information and support
• Individual and family counselling (in-office, in-home or community-based)
• Referral to treatment services
• Referral to gambling and other behavioural addiction services
• Referrals to community services
After Hours Support
SHOPP offers a dedicated phone line in order to support tenants and housing providers connected to the program. The line is answered from 4:30pm to 8:30am daily and 24 hours on weekends/holidays.
The SHOPP After Hours Telephone Support is committed to providing a consistent live answer at 519-272-2294.
Homelessness in Perth County
Know someone experiencing homelessness in Perth County? Call the Emergency Community Placement phone line:
Weekdays (Mon-Fri, 8:30am-4:30pm):
519-271-3773 ext. 200