From time to time career opportunities for full and part-time crisis counselors and other staff arise at Optimism Place. Please check this page for current postings regularily.
Sexual Assault Services Developer
Optimism Place Women’s Shelter and Support Services seeks an innovative and dynamic individual for the position of Sexual Assault Services Developer.
This position will collaborate with and report to a team of community members and service providers, with administrative over sight by Optimism Place*. This is a contract for a period of 1 year.
- degree/diploma in social sciences.
- experienced in community development, research, and program development (3-5 years)
- in-depth knowledge of sexual assault issues using a trauma-informed lens
- experience working with and advocating for victims and survivors of sexual assault.
- relevant knowledge of the local community, social services, medical and justice systems
- highly motivated strategic thinker who can analyze critically, and translate ideas and insights into action
- experience in working with both private and public funding bodies
- understanding of and commitment to ending Violence Against Women. Possesses a feminist, anti-racism, and anti-oppression analysis and practice.
- computer and social media skills
Specific Job Responsibilities:
1. To research and document both existing and emerging community-based approaches and best practises of service provision.
2. To assist in the implementation and co-ordination of services to survivors of sexual assault that are timely, effective, and victim-centred.
3. Committed to understanding and documenting existing strengths, and building on these to develop new collaborative models of service.
4. Education, prevention, and advocacy – a champion for the cause!
We invite all candidates who have the passion, experience and education to apply with an engaging cover letter and complete resume to The Executive Director, 270 Freeland Drive, Stratford, N4Z1G8. Or email@example.com. No later than April 28th, 2017.
*This project is funded through a gift to Optimism Place by the estate of the late Wendy Shaw