Women come to us in utter desperation. They come alone, at night, in the cold. They come without cash or clothes or toothpaste. They bring babies with no diapers, kids with no shoes and hearts with no hope.
With your help we can give these women the small things that restore their dignity while they stay with us and learn to heal.
Donations can be dropped off Monday – Friday, 9 am – 12 noon, but please call ahead to arrange your delivery.
519-271-5310 ext. 31. Also, we are most grateful for your donations, but please no drop-offs on weekends.
Thank you for your generosity!
WISH LIST: updated July 5, 2016
To support Optimism Place at Christmas we have a few suggestions, different themes for different days: Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & New Years Eve.
For more information on donations of items please call Julie or Susan at: 519-271-5310 x 31 or
HIGH PRIORITY items highlighted in PINK.
We accept very good condition or new items please.
URGENT: TWIN BED SHEETS
- Non- perishable food items
- Children's lunch treats, drinking boxes, snackables etc.
- Cereal hot & cold
- Small fans
- Alarm clocks/clock radios
- Batteries; 9-volt, AA, AAA
- Bus passes/tickets
- Telephone cards
- YMCA passes
- Food and clothing, restaurants, manicures and pedicures, massages, movies
- WOMEN: Boots, jogging and yoga pants
- CHILDREN: Boots size 12, 13 & up, snow suits size 3, 4 & 5
PAPER PRODUCTS AND CLEANING SUPPLIES
- Toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex
- Detergent and cleaning products
- Tupperware or Rubbermaid containers
- Baking pans, cake, loaf, cookie & muffin
- Toasters, coffee makers, tea kettles, mixers
- Pot and pans
- Twin sheets and pillow cases
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mouthwash, Q-tips
- Women's shaving cream
- Hair brushes
- Lipstick, mascara, foundation, eye shadow, eye liners, blush, makeup brushes
- Facial cleansers, facial lotion, body lotions
- Make up bag
- Baby wipes
- Diaper-rash cream
- NEW Diaper Genies and refills
Thank you, but no used clothing is needed at this time.